How to be confident about your choices.
So many times in life we find ourselves at a crossroad, unsure of the path to take.
“Which house should I buy?”, “Should I wait for marriage to have sex?”, “When should I retire?” are some of the questions we find ourselves wrestling with.
You may turn to close friends and relatives for advice, but so often you’re left more confused as they provide conflicting advice due to differences in their life experiences and personal values.
So, how do you ensure you’re making the right choice at all times? Here are 5 steps to take when faced with a difficult situation.
- Tap into Biblical wisdom: You will not find every situation spelt out in the Bible, but you’ll find principles and wisdom to provide the clarity and understanding needed to guide your decision (Proverbs 4:7-9). Know God’s will for your life, then align your decisions to His will and honor Christ Jesus with your choices.
- Seek Godly advice: Make sure that the confidantes you turn to for advice are God-fearing and Bible-believing. You want to make sure that the advice you’re receiving is based on Christian values and teachings. According to 1 Corinthians 15:33, “Bad company corrupts good character.”
- Up your prayer life: Deepen your intimacy with God through increased prayer and fasting. To know God is to fear Him and the “fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge” (Proverbs 1:7). When you’re intimate with God, He will speak to you. The key is to know and listen to His voice. “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life and no one will snatch them out of my hand.” (John 10:27-28}
- Trust in the Lord: This requires total surrender to God, where you allow yourself to be set apart for His glory, regardless of the situation. You may be vilified for your Godly decisions, but know that your life of surrender is pleasing to God, and when you submit to Him, “He will make your paths straight.”(Proverbs 3:6)
- Commit your plans to Jesus: There is no darkness in God—He is Light. Therefore, hand over your plans to God and He’ll be a lamp to your feet and light to your path. Proverbs 16:3 tells us to “Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and He will establish you plans.”
So go ahead and boldly make your decision. When you’re walking in the will of God for your life, there’s no need to be concerned about the outcome of your decisions. Be confident in your choices knowing that “God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” (Romans 8:28)
Tune in to CHAYIL Conversations with Pat Francis on Facebook Live, Tuesdays at 7pm EST for powerful and interactive discussions that feature real stories of solutions and hope. #ChayilConversations
About CHAYIL GLORY
CHAYIL glory is the all-powerful, great glory of God manifested in and through his believers in the earth. The CHAYIL GLORY blog is published every Monday with insights to understand and apply God’s perspective to everyday life.