PAT FRANCIS, September 2017
The word destiny is a root word for the word destination.Destiny can be described as a predetermined path, a course of events, a design for your life and future.Your destiny is a journey, towards your destination and performance appraisal before God. God, your Creator, is the One who determined the beginning of your life and created you for your destiny.
7 Steps to Fulfilling Your Destiny
- Believe in your Sovereign Creator. You were created with gifts, talents, and personality that makes you uniquely you with the ability to fulfill your destiny.“They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved – you and your household.” (Acts 16:31).Your household includes all that is yours, your potential, and your destiny.
- Make it your life’s goal to fulfill your destiny.“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.’(Mat. 7:7).
- Pray about your destiny. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jer. 29:11).
- TrustGod as your Helper, Protector, Provider for your destiny.“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” (Prov. 3:5,6).
- Step each day toward your destiny with each choice, action, door of opportunity, and do good to whomever you can and to make our world a better place. “In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.” (James 2:17).
- Be thankful. “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever”. (Ps. 118:1).
- Live by faith. “For we live by faith, not by sight.” (2 Cor. 5:7).